February 1, 2011

Sauteed Chicken with Sage Browned Butter

Monday night I debated over what to make for dinner. You see, even though I menu plan, I don't decide what will be made on what day. I can't commit to that kind of schedule. I change my mind waaaay too often.

At first I thought about making the spaghetti and meatballs. I took everything I needed out of the fridge and pantry. Changed my mind. Wasn't in the mood for spaghetti. Busted out my Cooking Light magazine.


You need to make this. Like, seriously. It is so easy, so tasty, so fresh. The lemon, sage, and shallots were perfect. I practically squealed from excitement when I took  my first bite. I LOVED the flavor. I could wax poetic about this all day...


Out of all the chicken dishes I've made in the past few months, this has got to be my favorite. Don't change a thing. It's flawless.

Source: Cooking Light

4  (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4  teaspoon  salt
1/4  teaspoon  black pepper
Cooking spray
1/2  cup  all-purpose flour
3  tablespoons  butter
2  sage sprigs
1  tablespoon  minced shallots
1  teaspoon  chopped fresh thyme
2  tablespoons  lemon juice
Fresh sage leaves (optional)


Place each breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour. Add chicken to pan; sauté for 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan.

Add butter and sage sprigs to pan; cook over medium heat until butter browns. Discard sage. Add shallots and thyme; cook for 30 seconds. Add lemon juice; cook for 30 seconds. Serve with chicken. Garnish with sage leaves, if desired.

Got any recipes to use up some sage? I have a lot leftover! 

Link up at Saturday Swap!

3 comments:

  1. Dude, I have chicken in the fridge "marinating" with similar seasonings + onions. Too bad I don't have any sage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken is my fave go to dish for my family dinners. I will definitely give this a try soon. Thanks so much for linking to Saturday Swap!!! Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS