September 20, 2012

Happy 2 Months!

Our precious baby girl is two months old! So much has changed over the past two months I can hardly believe it. She really is a different baby- wide-eyed, alert, talkative, and happy. We get huge smiles from her every morning on the changing table and lots of "ooo's" and "ahhh's" as the day goes on. I can almost see her mind working as she takes in the world around her, lifting her head off my chest to look back and forth. She still enjoys car rides, walks in her stroller, and now likes to hang out on a blanket on the floor, all by herself. I'm pretty sure she has a conversation with her mobile every day too, as she is the most "talkative" lying on her back looking up at the monkey, elephant, and zebra above.


I know I said it already, but I really can't believe two months have passed. On one hand it feels like it's been longer, like she's been here forever. On the other it feels like time has passed so quickly I never even knew it was September until recently. How is this month almost over? I have no idea. Time, days, weeks, months...none of it matters to me anymore. The days blend together and start anew with me wondering what new thing baby will discover next.


I can finally say that I get it- it does "get better." Those first 7 weeks were some of the hardest of my life. Sleep deprivation, exhaustion, emotions, the battle I had with myself daily to just.let.things.go. The laundry, the dishes, the clutter! If you know me you know I like to keep a clean house and it was actually really hard for me just to submit to the disarray. But I did and I feel so much better about it now. Dishes in the sink from last night's dinner? Oh well. A pile of laundry waiting to be folded on top of the washer? I'll get to it. Eventually! Going to bed as soon as the baby falls asleep? Necessary.


I love you my sweet girl. You've made me one happy Mommy.

5 comments:

  1. Happy 2 months! Motherhood is ALL about letting go; letting go of yourself and of your child. Motherhood is one of the most humbling things and it helps you realize how little control you really have over things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie! I'm glad to hear you're adjusting better and life is going more smoothly. I will definitely have to learn to let go of things once we have kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, your sweet girl is just adorable! Happy 2 month birthday to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW! Just seeing this now - what a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is sooo cute!! Happy 2 Months...if keeps getting more and more fun from here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS