February 7, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

When I woke up this morning I told the hubbs, "I've got the winter blues." It's been dreary and wet all weekend. It's gray. It's colorless. I am so ready for winter to be over!

Don't get me wrong- I love snow and I love wearing cute scarfs, boots, and comfy sweaters. But I think I've had just about enough. I am ready for the sun (and skirts, sandals, green grass...the list goes on and on).

It snowed all weekend. Started Friday night, continued throughout Saturday, and began to taper off on Sunday. It is a sea of white outside my window.


We were lazy and didn't move the car.





Needless to say, not much went on this weekend. I took a much needed cooking break and we ate spinach ravioli (huge bag from Costco!) with a Cesar salad on Saturday night. Sunday we ordered Chinese- something we never do! We've only ordered it a few times and always from the same place. They have the best fried rice ever.

This week's menu is a tad toned down from last week. The Spaghetti and Bocconcini Meatballs is back (I swapped it out for salmon one night). I'm trying two more recipes from Cooking Light and one from Rachael's book. The Teriyaki Chicken Legs I made a loooong time ago and loved- they remind me of summer! 



Do you have the winter blues? What are you looking forward to for Spring?

7 comments:

  1. Right so I'm coming for dinner this week right? ;-) Your menu looks amazing, and just think spring is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the spinach ravioli from Costco! :) Your menu sounds wonderful & I too am very anxious for spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect weekend to stay wrapped up with an endless supply of hot cocoa. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily, I live in Tucson, AZ - so no snow here! It was pretty frigid for a few days last week, but today I woke up to a gorgeous 50-something degree day! A welcome change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely hoping that spring shows up soon. I had to make one of my favorite summer salads just to perk myself up & remind me of sunshine (it still exists, right??) I love the spinach ravioli from Costco too...sooo good! Looks like a great menu you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with ya-i'm hating this freezing cold, brush/scrape off the car, snow on my ankles winter-spring please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so much snow!! This makes me glad to be in sunny Florida :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS