February 2, 2011

Ooey Gooey Smores Cookies

For days now weather forecasters in Michigan have warned of the impending blizzard scheduled to hit Tuesday night. Schools and businesses announced closings immediately during the evening news. A smile from ear to ear, I scanned through my bookmarks to read over what I'd need to make Smores Cookies. I've seen tons of different recipes pop up over blog land for them and they are just so.stinking.cute!

The hubbs and I made them together last night. Yes, occasionally he does help out in the kitchen and it is very important that I make that clear, haha. More often if it involves baking or chocolate. He likes to do the mixing while I measure out all the ingredients. Needless to say, these are amazing. And absolutely ABORABLE.


I love how the marshmallows and bits of chocolate stick out, waving, winking. 

Just waiting to be eaten...


I didn't have any actual Hershey bars on hand, but that's okay. I wasn't about to let that stop me. So I went through our "chocolate bag" and broke apart whatever chocolate bars I could find.


I think they came out pretty nice, no?

Source: Sprinkled with Flour

1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups mini chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows, or large ones cut up
2 Hershey bars, chopped

Preheat oven to 375F.  In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture, and mix until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, graham crackers, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Use 2 tablespoons or a medium-sized ice cream scoop to drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheets. Bake for 7 minutes and remove from oven. Push a few marshmallows and pieces of chocolate into each cookie and return to the oven to bake an additional 3-4 minutes. Allow to cool on wire rack.

Happy Snow Day!

Link up at Sweets for a Saturday, Sweet Tooth Friday's, and Tasty Tuesdays.

19 comments:

  1. These look like so much fun to make, and to eat! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cookie. Looks like a wonderful comfort food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you just combined all my favorite things into one delicious treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg your cookies look incredible... Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, these are wonderful! Who wouldn't love S'Mores cookies??

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a "chocolate bag"? Hmmm, I think I need to get myself one of those. Your cookies look scrumptious. Love your description of the chocolate and marshmallows "waving and winking." That's a good way to describe it. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lisa! Our chocolate bag isn't anything special, just a ziploc bag that we keep in the pantry filled with hershey's kisses, snickers, milky ways, lindt chocolate...you know, for when that chocolate fix is needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, those looks SO delish!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!!! These look great! I will be making there later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cookies look unbelievably delicious. My kids would go crazy over them.

    Stopping by from Sweets For Saturday.

    ~Bibi @ Frugal WannaBe Cooks ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have wanted to make s'mores cookies for years, can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, yes! And no smoke in your eyes from the campfire. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will have to try these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm, now I know what to do with my left over marshmallows. Yum!

    Stop by and visit, I'm hosting a linky called Sweet Tooth Fridays, I'd love to have you share your recipes.

    http://alli-n-son.com/2011/02/03/chocolate-toffee/

    ReplyDelete
  15. mm i love smores.
    thanks for making it possible to eat them in the winter haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kids love Smores cookies in this house :) I am having my first give away, stop by to enter.
    mickey
    http://monstermama-monstermama.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-first-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look yum, but too many Us ingredients that I wouldn't have a hope of getting here in Ireland!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. yours look better than the originals (sprinkled w/ flour) hate to be rude and all but yours are a lot more puffy or just have a better texture and don't look as burned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS