October 31, 2013

Monthly Menu Plan Review- October

If you have been a follower of my blog for a while, you know how much I rave about menu planning. I've attempted menu planning in the past but I've never stuck with it as I have these past few months.
Why do I like menu planning so much? Well, for one thing, it is a HUGE time saver. I save so much time at the grocery store because I already know exactly what to get and I know what I'll be cooking each night. I come prepared with my list (which I make alongside as I meal plan) and cross off each item as it falls into my cart. There's no standing around, no wondering the aisle, wondering what to get.

I also menu plan because it's a great way to save money! Seriously, I've noticed a huge drop in our grocery bills since I started. Since I'm not wandering the store aimlessly, there are no impulse buys, and nothing ends up in my cart that we don't need.


Under my header, you'll see that I have a Weekly Menu Plan tab. If you're ever in need of some inspiration, check it out! I typically post my menu for the week every Sunday. I link the source for each recipe if I found it online.

I thought it would be fun to start reviewing what I planned for each month. If the entree has been crossed out, it's because I didn't make it, probably because we had dinner out or I was in the mood for something else. Just because it's on the menu plan doesn't mean you have to make it!







I've made these chicken thighs many, many times and they never disappoint. Marinate them the night before, or, for at least for one hour. Serve with rice or roasted potatoes and veggies. 








So easy and so good! We love this pizza, Miss A included (without the BBQ sauce). I like to make my own dough, but of course you can buy a ready-made pizza crust from the store. 



A very tasty soup, that is done in no time. Perfect for the coming chilly nights. Toddler approved!



We were really disappointed with this one- won't be making it again. :(



A new favorite of ours that will be in regular rotation while butternut squash is in season. We LOVE gnocchi and I was so pleased when Miss A also fell in love with it. Gobbled up every last bite!



I raved about these enchiladas after we ate them. I've made lots of different versions of enchiladas and these are definitely one of my favorites. I swapped out the chicken for shrimp and it was delicious. 



We don't have meals like this very often and I'm thinking we need to more! A meatless meal, with lots of veggies which will leave you feeling full. I added extra cheese to ours. 




Tomato, Pepper, Cheese Quiche



Ham & Cheese Waffle Sandwiches




Chicken Pot Pie


I make my chicken pot pie like this- using a store bought crust, I fill the pie shell with a vegetable medley of frozen corn, carrots, and peas, a can of cream of chicken soup, chopped cooked chicken, and 1/2 cup of milk. Bake in the oven at 375 for 45 minutes.


Seared Steaks & Mashed Potatoes



A great way to eat broccoli, I must say. I used my panini maker to press and melt the cheese and roasted the broccoli in the oven. Serve wilth tomato soup and you have yourself a warm and comforting meal.


Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Salad 

If you're still not convinced, or need some help starting, I'm thinking about creating a "how to" series. It'd be great if you could answer some of these questions!


Do you menu plan? What do you like about it? Where do you get inspiration? What do you find challenging about menu planning? 


Oh, and I can't forget to say, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I'm off to take Miss A to a Halloween party! Hope you're starting off the day right with some candy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS