October 28, 2013

Life as a SAHM- A Fall Weekend

This weekend we spent lots of time together as a family, doing all the Fall things. We went to a fall festival with friends, carved our pumpkin, roasted and ate pumpkin seeds, and watched Hocus Pocus, my favorite Halloween movie! Miss A sat still for about twenty minutes tops, which was surprising, as the only thing she will sit and watch from start to finish is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. My heart was happy and full this weekend.

 We took pictures on our front porch before we left to the festival. Reason #3538 why my heart was happy- Miss A LOVED her costume and I LOVED it too! I was squealing over how cute she looked. As soon as I put it on she walked around the house looking for Dada to show it off. I thought for sure she was going to take her hat off in .0 seconds but she kept it on the whole time!

It was chilly out so I put on her thick white stockings and a long sleeve T underneath her costume. Luckily her strawberry suit is pretty thick and warm!

Walking around the festival with Dada. There was so much to see- ponies (which she liked until they stuck their tongue out at her), bounce houses, games, food, and all the other kids in costume.

Must-have family photo op. Miss A was not in the mood for more pictures, clearly. Sorry little girl, Mama can never have enough pictures!

We met up with our friends and tried to take some pictures of the girls together. I love this one because it shows how hard it is to get two babies to look at the camera and sit still at the same time. Impossible! :)


 We tried to play some games but Miss A was not interested. I don't know what set her off but she was really unhappy indoors. Maybe it was the noise or all the people in strange costumes?



She was much happier outside on the playground. Until we went to see the ponies.


She was okay petting them, but the minute this guy stuck out his tongue or looked at her, she screamed! Haha.


On Sunday we carved and decorated our pumpkins. She was very involved; sticking her hands inside to grab the "guts" and playing with the seeds (I had to keep a close eye on her for that).



I think they turned out pretty good! If you're wondering why three of the spiders legs are red, we ran out of the black ink and I figured red would work- for blood, of course!



I think she liked them. 

How was your weekend? Did you do anything Fall related? I'm so excited for Halloween now, I wish it was today!

1 comment:

  1. She's the cutest little strawerry! Glad you all had a great time :)

    xo
    Megan
    Hello Newlywed Life Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS