April 20, 2011

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

It seems to be a pork-y kind of week. Do you remember when I shared the secret of how to get your man to do whatever you wanted?

Well, my friends, I've found another way.


I'm very proud, you see, because this was my first time making pulled pork. I searched high and low for a good recipe. I found hundreds; there is definitely no shortage in the blog world, but I am SO glad I choose this one. I can't imagine making it any better (but if you've got one, tell me, I wanna try it)!

The hubbs could not stop talking about these sandwiches. He told everyone he knew about them, his mom, his dad, his grandma, his friends... He fell in love. With a sandwich.


Normally he isn't one to over stuff himself. Not in this case. He was so full, I practically had to carry him to the couch. I was only able to eat one despite its deliciousness. They are so filling!

So if you're looking for some favors, I'd suggest making these. No man will be able to say no. :)

Source: Delish.com

1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cups ketchup
1/3 cups cider vinegar
1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/4 cups tomato paste
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
4 pounds boneless pork shoulder blade roast (fresh pork butt), cut into 4 pieces
12  soft sandwich buns or ciabatta rolls, warmed

In 4 1/2- to 6-quart slow-cooker pot, stir onion, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, tomato paste, paprika, Worcestershire, mustard, salt, and pepper until combined. Add pork to sauce mixture and turn to coat well with sauce. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook pork mixture on low setting as manufacturer directs, 8 to 10 hours or until pork is very tender.

With tongs, transfer pork to large bowl (I didn't have to do this, as soon as I picked it up the meat fell apart!). Turn setting on slow cooker to high; cover and heat sauce to boiling to thicken and reduce slightly.While sauce boils, with 2 forks, pull pork into shreds. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and toss with sauce to combine. Cover slow cooker and heat through on high setting if necessary. Spoon pork mixture onto bottom of sandwich buns; replace tops of buns. Eat immediately!

Thanks to all who've entered my giveaway!! If you haven't entered yet, there's still time, today's the last day!  Good luck!!

7 comments:

  1. They look fabulous! Nothing beats a perfect pulled pork sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! I plan to try this soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds yummy. I like the new look you've got on your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pulled pork sandwiches are soooo amazing! I need to give these a try. I usually just use sweet baby rays bbq sauce, but I have been meaning to make my own. I can't wait to give this a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious! I just got a slow cooker but I haven't really known what to do with it. It was an "I'm getting married and i have too much stuff so let me give things away" kinda gift from my boss.

    I will definitely be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love pulled pork!! I have a recipe that uses a can of root beer in it - so good!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cover it in rootbeer. Then once cooked drin it and pull it apart with forks. Another 20 minutes in there with you fave barbeue sauce and your golden! It is the best recipe I have ever had for pulled pork!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS