October 18, 2013

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! Are you as ready for the weekend as I am? I missed the link up last week and I'm happy to be joining up again. 



1. "And we'll never be royals..."

Have you heard the song called "Royals"? It's sung by this girl, Lorde, and I'm obsessed. If it comes on as I'm pulling into the driveway, you bet I'm going to sit in the car until it's over singing my heart out. 


2. Witches of East End

Do you watch Lifetime? Normally, I don't, but lately the network has been producing new TV shows that aren't half bad. I watched Devious Maids in the summer and now I'm hooked on Witches of East End. I was pleasantly surprised that it's pretty good!


3. Easy Weeknight Meal

As you know I'm always on the lookout for quick, easy weeknight meals. I had several new recipes on my menu plan this week and was disappointed by many of them. I hate it when that happens. But these enchiladas were a hit! I swapped out the chicken for shrimp and the hubby and I really liked them. What have you liked recently?


4. Cute Halloween Treats

I love being festive for every holiday, but there's something about Halloween that makes it so much fun. With tons of Halloween treats floating around on the web right now, I thought I'd show you some of my favorites. I mean, look how cute Minnie and Mickey are!!





5. Spooky Reads

Keeping in spirit, my friend, and soon to be published author (eeek!) Beth shared a list of her favorite spooky reads this week and I checked out two at the library. What are you reading?



8 comments:

  1. hi, hi! just stopped by from the linkup...and now i'm happy to be your newest follower! yay!! i'm a former teacher too...turned nanny for now...and hopefully a SAHM in the next few years! ;)

    LOVING the look of those enchiladas (mexican is my fave!) and i, too, am obsessed with that song. the little girls i nanny for sing it all the time too. the child version/lyric interpretation is also hilarious.

    happy friday!!!
    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that song also!
    Come link up with me and enter my giveaway from Wednesday!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an enchilada freak ... thank goodness my husband is the same way. I will have to try your take on that recipe, sounds right up our alley! Thanks so much for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it with that song?! It is SO stinkin catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song too! Thanks for reminding me 'cause now I can go download it :) I always hear it in the car but never remember it when I get home! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so it's not just me that sit in the car to finish that song!! Yay!! I'm adding that enchilada to my menu plan for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! Just came across your blog and thought it follow along :) I'm a SAHM to a little girl too. Your daughter is beautiful. Hope you'll stop by my blog and follow along too.
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. That song always gets me so pumped up, I love to sing it in my car with the volume all the way up! Thanks for linking up with us again friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS