April 24, 2011

Slow Cooker Orange Chicken

I'm having a love affair with our crock pot.

I think the hubby is too.

Is it possible to have an affair with the same object... because we are. 

I didn't register for a crock pot when we got married. I didn't think I'd ever use it. Until I moved to Michigan. Suddenly it seemed like a necessity. There's something about cooking up a huge pot of soup in the crock pot on a cold winter day. So I asked for one last Christmas and my parents got me one. I was excited, dreaming about pork roasts and chicken tortilla soup. But there is so much more to it than that.

I'm still a crock pot newbie and don't use it very often, but when I do, the results are amazing (as you can see here and here). The crock pot saves you time, money, effort, sanity...all at the turn of a knob. That's pretty freaking impressive. I wish it could do the dishes.


And here we have orange chicken- a new favorite in our house. Grab a jar of orange marmalade and some barbecue sauce. Got some soy sauce? You're going to need that too. And some flour, gingerroot, and 4-6 chicken thighs. Dump it all into your crock pot. You're good to go. 


Source: Kraft Food & Family

4-6 small boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 Tbsp. flour
1/3 cup orange marmalade
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp grated fresh gingerroot (I used dried)

Toss chicken with flour in slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients; cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Dinner is served.


Share with me your crock pot recipes. I want to try more!

4 comments:

  1. Oh YUM...I am also a "lover" of Crock Pot dishes.

    I just posted my Amazing Crock Pot Mac & Cheese
    check it out.

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good and just my kind of cooking - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my meal plan for Hallowe'en night! I needed an easy recipe that'll be cooking while I'm at work yet impressive b/c my Mother-in-law is coming over for dinner and to hand out candy for us. This recipe fits the bill. Thanks Christina!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS