April 10, 2011

How I Spent My Spring Break

Alas, as with all vacations, they must eventually end. I have come to the end of my Spring Break and must go back to work tomorrow. But, that's okay, because nothing can damper my spirits today. It is absolutely gorgeous out. The most beautiful day we have had since last September, I would say. It's 83 degrees. It's sunny. It's breezy. It's warm.

Life is good.

Here's a look at what I accomplished during my break...
Food wise and other wise.
Recipes forthcoming!


I made these yummy cinnamon rolls one morning.


Shrimp, Feta Mac and Cheese for dinner one night.


The cutest homemade Oreo's.


Sweet dinner rolls.


Whole wheat blueberry muffins.


Pulled pork sandwiches, that the hubbs went absolutely ga-ga for. He won't stop talking about them!

 
I attempted to begin organizing all the hundreds of recipes I've pulled out from magazines. I got a good start, but then realized I'm going to need a lot more folders than 12! There are just too many categories.


Went to Toy's R Us with the hubbs to buy a nerf gun.
This was the only time he left the house, by the way.


I went to the library and checked out these guys.


I started reading these...


And finished this one!


And today I just had to get some flowers. Spring has arrived.


I sure lived it up, didn't I? ;)

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I can't wait for these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been one busy lady!! What a good spring break! Enjoy seeing the flowers at the end, they are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well..A Simple life is a good life!

    I think cooking/baking in the kitchen is a perfect Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade Oreos? It's times like these I wished I cooked! Finish If I Stay so we can dish about Where She Went.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those cinnamon rolls look so good! i am glad you finally got some warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a yummy (and productive) break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the best Spring Break ever!!! Those cinnamon rolls look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS