April 15, 2011

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies

I met the hubby when I was fourteen years old. At the time I wasn't allowed to date so I only saw him within the school's concrete walls. When I was finally able to officially "date" him, I was invited over to his house for a family barbecue. I met his Mom, Dad, Grandmother, Aunt and Uncle, and his two sisters. At the time his sisters were 7 and 9. This week they turned 14 and 17- they so happen to have their birthdays within the same week.


Since we weren't able to share in the celebrations, I wanted to do something special. Something involving food. Something with chocolate...


I'm glad my sister-in-laws and I share a love of sweets. I knew I wanted to make these Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies for them as soon as I laid eyes on them. And these Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies...you know I'll take any excuse to buy sprinkles.


We made a lot of cookies. I must tell you that this was a joint effort- the hubbs really wanted to help so he took a break from studying to roll up his sleeves and get busy in the kitchen. The sprinkles made him happy. As well as the Snickers.


I stuffed them as carefully as I could into their boxes, lining them with pretty tissue paper and parchment paper.

And I just had to wrap them. With a bow on top. I don't care how old you are, on your birthday, you deserve a bow. 


1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2cups chopped Snickers candy bars (about 4 regular size bars)
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix again. Add the flour mixture and beat until flour disappears. Stir in the chopped Snickers and chocolate chips.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. (I weighed mine out to about 2 ounces of dough per cookie.) Gently flatten each cookie ball with the palm of your hand. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown on the edges. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 to 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Happy Birthday Ladies!! I hope you enjoy your goodies. 

10 comments:

  1. Wow those cookies look amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish these could come right off my laptop and into my mouth!!! Good! Will have to try these! Happy Birthday to your sister-n-laws!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sweet to make these for your sil's! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great present for your SILs (and anyone else). I love the Snickers idea and may have to borrow that :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. peanut butter and snickers? i'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my site! I love all your recipes...they look so good! I will definitely be adding the snickers cookies to my queue :)

    ...and I will become a follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS