April 7, 2011

Sage-Walnut Butter Tortellini

I love love cheese tortellini. I'll make it for a quick lunch with olive oil and butter. I'll add frozen peas to make it "healthy." I'll make it for dinner on a lazy weekend or for a quick weeknight meal. There's no surprise that I absolutely love this pasta dish.


It is so easy and quick to prepare. Walnuts (pecans work too), fresh sage, butter, yummy cheese stuffed tortellini, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. I could eat this every day.

The recipe also calls for a sweet, syrupy balsamic drizzle. I've made it with and without it and enjoyed it either way. Of course I'd suggest making these breadsticks to go along with it. If you have the time...


So delicious. What are you waiting for? Go make this! :)

Source: Food Network Magazine

For the Balsamic Drizzle:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
1 bay leaf

For the pasta:
6 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup sage leaves
1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
1 pound cheese tortellini
1 cup pasta water
Parmesan cheese
Salt

To make the syrup: Combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, and bay leaf in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until syrupy, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, put a large pot of water for boil for the pasta. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the sage and chopped walnuts/pecans. Cook 3 minutes. Add the pasta-cooking water and cook until reduced by half, 2 minutes. Toss with 1 pound cooked tortellini, some grated parmesan and salt. Drizzle with the balsamic syrup if desired.

What's your favorite stuffed pasta?

4 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so good! I use a similar sauce (minus bay leaf) on chicken thighs and pork chops. I can see where it would be really good on something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tortelli in pretty much anything! One of my favorite pastas - this looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh this is scrumptious. I always make the mistake of checking in on my fav food blogs right before lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing. Wow. And I've been looking for an awesome breadstick recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS