April 14, 2011

Chicken Mediterranean Salad

I've been dreaming about barbecue's. About basking in the sun poolside. Running barefoot outside, feeling the fresh grass underneath my feet. Having a picnic in our backyard. Drinking lemonade, wearing shorts and flowy skirts, painting my nails hot pink and sky blue...

Soon folks. Soon.

I can't help it- I'm a summer baby. I was born in June. I grew up in Florida. Spring's tease is getting the best of me. She's mocking me with these bright sunny days and warmer temps. Now that I live in Michigan, I can truly appreciate the magic of summer. 


This salad must be served at your first barbecue. All the flavors of summer are in this bowl. You've got peppers (green and yellow), tomatoes, zucchini, grilled chicken, red onion, and feta cheese. I didn't use any dressing- it doesn't need it. I just squeezed half a lemon over it and zest it. Magnificence! 


Anyone wanna buy me a grill... I'm accepting donations. ;)

Source: adapted from Kraft Food & Family

1 bag of lettuce
2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 each green and yellow pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, sliced
1/4 red onion slices
2 tbsp. basil
1 cup feta cheese
1 lemon

Toss tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, onions, and feta cheese in a large bowl with the lettuce. Sprinkle with basil and zest of half a lemon. Squeeze half a lemon over salad and toss dramatically with your salad tongs. Ta-da!  

5 comments:

  1. I adore salads. ADORE. I'm so making this. :) Give the hubbie a hello from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salad look uber refreshing. Yum. I grew up in Florida too! In Miami!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! What great flavors. I can't wait until summer is in full swing (I'm an August baby).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for chicken salads, and love cruising food blogs. Perhaps it's because I'm a terrible cook myself, and hope to redeem that by living vicariously through other's cooking? Maybe not. Anyway, I just became a follower and LOVE the recipes you've posted.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this looks delicious! I'm always on the look-out for new chicken recipes and this looks like it would make the perfect lunch.

    I COMPLETELY understand your love for summer. I'm also a June baby and live in California. Anything under 70 degrees get me complaining!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS