August 20, 2013

5 Back-to-School Weeknight Meals

It's back-to-school time and as a former teacher, I know how busy the first week is. Getting back into a routine after a lazy summer is not always an easy thing to do! I picked out a few of my favorite quick and easy meals for you to get back into the swing of things. 

1. Black Bean and Goat Cheese Quesadillas 

So simple. It really doesn't get any easier than this. Black beans, goat cheese, jalapeno peppers, and a red onion are all you need for these quesadillas. They would make for a great lunch too! 


2. Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese

I can assure you that this is definitely kid tested and kid approved. My daughter eats this up whenever I make it, which is great, since her tastes are constantly changing and evolving! She loves picking up the mini cheeseburgers and has tons of fun picking up pieces of pasta. All ages would love this and it makes for great leftovers!


3. Crispy Parmesan Sage Pork Chops

Another favorite in our house. Start them off on the stove and then transfer them to the oven to continue cooking. These pork chops have a crispy coating and I love the hint of sage and lemon. I've served them along side baked potatoes, green beans, and broccoli.


4. Crockpot Salsa Chicken

This has got to be my favorite crock pot recipe, hands down. I make it at least three times a month and it never fails to disappoint. You can get crazy and add all kinds of veggies on top- peppers, tomatoes, diced red onion, and black beans. 


5. Creamy Baked Ziti

I love baked ziti and this is my go-to recipe. I like to change it up often and use ground pork, Italian sausage, or ground beef. I also get crazy sometimes and make my own tomato sauce where I can hide veggies like zucchini and spinach. Serve along side a green side or garlic bread. Delicious!


5 comments:

  1. They all look so good and easy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look delicious and easy. I am a busy mom and always looking for quick tasty dishes I can make for me and my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheeseburger mac n cheese sounds so good! I always forget about pork chops, need to go pick some up ;)

    xx
    Megan
    IG: megawat
    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/2013/08/currently-lovin_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe summer is almost over and school is starting up again! Love your easy weeknight dinner ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm glad I looked at your post before I planned my menu for next week. This all looks so good! I can't wait to try that crockpot recipe! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS