August 31, 2013

Life as a SAHM

Miss A and I had a great week together. We had two playdates, shopped for new pajamas and groceries, and went on lots of walks. She is in between sizes right now, with her 12M pants too short and 18M ones too long. It was time to get new pajamas as I was rotating between two pairs! Old Navy had some really cute sets on clearance so we picked up some of those.


She is quite the pacifier hoarder these days. Oh boy, I bet it's going to be hard to break this habit when the time comes. If she sees one, she has to have it, and if she sees another, she has to have that one too! This one morning she took all four with her to have as breakfast companions. What's really funny is she likes to switch them out of her mouth, one at a time. I'm trying to hide them from her now and only give her one when she's really upset and for sleep. Another bad habit! How did it go when you took away the pacifier? Please tell me I'm not alone!




We love having play dates! In the first photo we met our friends for a frozen yogurt date. The girls loved it and had quite the sweet tooth. Later in the week we had a play date at our house. The mommies chatted while the girls climbed on top of each other and played in the ball pit.




Pulling up and standing are still her favorite things to do. I can't turn around or walk away anymore without her cruising on a piece of furniture, kitchen appliances, even the walls. She still likes to walk around the house holding one of our hands but she's building her confidence every day and I know she's going to take off real soon.

I don't have any pictures of it, but Miss A is waving and saying "bah" for "bye" and it is the cutest thing ever! Whenever we are up to see my husband off to work we go outside and wave to him as he pulls out of the driveway. Every time she sees a car driving away she waves and says "bah!" It's adorable. She has also figured out how to tell us if she's hungry by walking to the pantry and pointing at the door or to her highchair. It's amazing to see all these connections she's making!

Hope you have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Old navy has some of the cutest pjs!
    Love that picture of her in front of the fridge :)
    Sara
    Life with Baby Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just found your blog! I love it... :) Had to laugh with the binki ocd your daughter has... Mine does that exact thing.. And my husband has shown her how to fit TWO in her mouth.. Should always looks so proud and silly when she does that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we took Chloe's pacifier away, it was stressful for about a week. During the day she was fine after a few days but once night came around, she raised hell for about a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We found the best way to get rid of the pacifier. My husband sat down on the floor with my son. He took a pair of scissors and removed the pacifier from my son's mouth and cut it in two. My son got this shocked look on his face, but he didn't even cry. That was the end of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old Navy does have some cute clothes! I was surprised. And I know that we're going to have a battle when we have to take the paci away from Lucy too. She's already quite attached. Thank you for sharing, sweet friend. I hope you are having a good start to your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS