January 9, 2012

Crispy Parmesan Sage Pork Chops

I'm happy to report that I cooked dinner 4 nights in a row this week.


I've wanted lots of pasta, chicken, and pork. And nothing that takes too long, it seems like I'm not as patient as I used to be, which wasn't a whole lot to begin with, so now I'm really not patient. I tackled my overbearing aversion to baking (what is this baby doing to me?) and made oatmeal banana bread this week too! I wanted to make cookies too but since its been a while we were all out of unsalted butter and I had no idea. Hubby, sweet as ever, volunteered to go to the store but I figured it was better not to have the cookies if we already had banana bread.


So, if you're looking for something quick and easy for a weeknight, these crispy pork chops will be a perfect fit. I loved the hint of lemon and sage, a nice change to the regular 'ol pork chop. Served along side baked potatoes I was one happy camper.

Source: Food.com
Servings: 4


1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
1 lemons, rind of, teaspoon grated
2 large eggs, whisked
1/4 cup flour, seasoned with
salt and pepper
4 boneless, thin cut pork chops
1/8-1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Mix in bowl, bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, dried rubbed sage and grated lemon peel. Then, on a plate put flour seasoned with salt and pepper; coat chops with flour. Dip in egg. Then dip in bread crumb mixture. Melt butter and olive oil in a oven-proof skillet. Brown chops until golden. Transfer to oven and bake until meat thermometer says 150 degrees, about 20 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. These look so tasty! Love a pork chop w/ a crispy coating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I love anything with a crispy coating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your site and am I ever glad I did. These look absolutely delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that baby is allowing you to eat again ;) These pork chops look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS