December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Day

Happy December! Are you as excited as I am about the start of this month? I plan on enjoying every minute of the season, but first, I'd like to say how grateful I am to my parents, who drove all the way up from Florida to spend Thanksgiving with us. The last four years we spent Thanksgiving with friends and my in-laws. I was thrilled to share the holiday with my Mom, Dad, and brother this year. 

I prepped as much as I could days before, setting the table, making the sweet potato casserole, and stuffing the days leading up to Thanksgiving. So, on Thursday morning, I woke up, threw some cinnamon rolls in the oven (not everything has to be homemade, right!?) and watched the parade, stress-free! 

I seem to be using that word a lot lately, but I hate being stressed, especially during the holidays. Around 1:00, I showered, then went back downstairs to get the turkey ready!


The dining room looked so pretty that afternoon, with the sunlight shining through. We were lucky to have beautiful weather, even though it was pretty cold.



Right before crunch time, we all got dressed and ready for family photos. The turkey was out and resting on the stove. The sweet potatoes, stuffing, and rolls were in the oven baking. Miss A was cheerful, running around, in her new red dress. It was the perfect time for pictures!



I think she started getting blinded by all the flashes! After awhile she'd crinkle up her eyes whenever I'd shout, "Cheese!" 


No more pictures Mom! Unless they're with Dad.


I mean, how priceless is this picture? Getting framed for sure.


Then, it was time to eat! I set everything up in the kitchen so we could serve ourselves as much, or as little (!) as we wanted. The first thing to go- the carrots! Oops. I'll have to make more next time. For our menu, click here




Here's my plate! Oh, how I LOVE sweet potatoes and marshmallows. I pile them on!


My only disappointment- Miss A wasn't into her turkey dinner like I expected her to be! You never know what to expect with this girl. Bread, and singing at the table, was all she wanted to do! 

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I'm so ready for everything Christmas! We put up our tree and started decorating the house. I love this time of year. 

How was your Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

  1. Everything looked super yummy! Your daughter is so cute! Our Thanksgiving was great, so excited for Christmas now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS