December 9, 2013

Life as a SAHM- Stir Crazy Days

Sometimes life as a SAHM is anything but glamorous. Yogurt is spilled everywhere, sticky hands touch everything, screams for the pacifier occur way too often, and you're trapped indoors because of freezing rain and weather. That was me this weekend.


The only thing about this time of year I hate- bad weather. Luckily, we've had pretty good weather so far, except for this weekend. It's still a gray and overcast day today, but it's not raining, and we'll finally be able to venture out to run some errands.

I'm out of eggs, and this is like a mini crisis for me. I can't do any baking, which is all I wanted to do yesterday, but there was no way I was going to bundle us up, struggle with an umbrella, get hit in the face with freezing wind and rain, to walk through a packed supermarket for a carton of eggs.

So we did some other things. :)


In an attempt to keep us busy and do something new, we had some art time yesterday.


Miss A was very interested in the little bottles of paint and wanted me to dump ALL the paint out onto her paper. After I hid all the bottles, she finally got to work making her masterpiece.


We watched Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas. She was very into it, refusing to give me her infamous "cheese" smile.


I made butternut squash soup from scratch, using this recipe, and it was so good! Miss A had some shredded chicken and carrots, but once she got a taste of my soup, she kept asking for more.


I'm hoping to get out of my funk this week and cherish the days before we find ourselves surrounded by friends and family, pulling us every which way. It's hard to do that sometimes, especially with my husband's current schedule. It feels like he's gone all day! I could definitely use some baby-free time, and some shopping-without-baby-time. There's only two shopping weeks left and I'm itching to be done. I'm ready for the holidays!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're able to find some time to get shop shopping done or coffee by yourself. I SOooo relate to what you said about bundling up yourself and children to get out on slippery parking lots for one measly item, lol!! I don't think I ever responded to your question about me last comment, but my hubby is a pediatrician. :). What about yours?

    Merry Christmas!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel I'm this post! I hope you get some precious time to yourself soon ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS