December 20, 2013

Chocolate Pudding Cookies

Before holiday baking is over, I have to share with you one more treat. Maybe you're still looking for something to give to a friend or neighbor, or for Christmas morning while you're opening presents. I wish I had baked these cookies sooner, because I would have definitely made more than one batch, they are that good!


I found these fun festive white chocolate chips at Aldi a few weeks back and knew I had to have them. The original recipe calls for peppermint chips, which I'd love to try next time I make these cookies. 


These are easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients already in your pantry. The only thing I didn't have were the festive chips and chocolate pudding mix. Otherwise, we were good to go! 

I baked them to take to a friend's house and they were eagerly snatched up, by me, my husband, our friends, and of course, Miss A. She hasn't met a cookie she doesn't like!


Source: adapted from I Heart Naptime

3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup sugar
1 small package chocolate dry pudding mix
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup festive white chocolate chips, or crushed peppermint candies
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until combined. Add in the dry instant pudding mix and mix again, just until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; mix. Next, add the flour and baking soda and beat until well incorporated. Stir in the white chocolate baking chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. 

Use a cookie scoop (or tablespoon), drop cookie dough on to baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 8-10 minutes. Mine were done at 10 minutes. Best served warm!

5 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS