January 17, 2011

My Three-Day Weekend

Friday night I made Rachael's Honey-Rosemary Chicken (which was not in the book, I happened to watch her make it that day on her talk show). It was good- I loved sweet, lemony sauce.

My Saturday was filled with the hustle and bustle of cleaning my apartment, making a few returns at the mall, and discovering a new Kroger. I hardly ever shop at Kroger, but I'm getting a bit bored of my Meijer runs and needed a change of scenery. I headed to Kroger after my brief trip to the mall and was shocked to find one just a few streets away, brand-spanking new (or so it appeared to be). 

I hopped out of the car and giddily walked into the store (I know, it's Kroger, not Whole Foods...it's the little changes throughout my days that excite me). I was immediately taken aback- wait, was I actually in Whole Foods?

It was so clean, organized, and had a rustic feel. There was so much fresh produce and so much cheese. I tried my best to stick to my list, but let's face it, things just happened to get into my cart.


Kroger's "light" ice cream, Mint Chocolate Chip and Death by Chocolate. One for me and one for the hubbs. He likes his chocolate. I like my mint. We were craving ice cream after all...


I got some other essentials, like two new kinds of hummus, my favorite chips, and bagels.


Healthy items did manage to hop into my cart along the way.


See?

On Sunday I spent a good chunk of the afternoon cashing in my Christmas gift cards at Old Navy and Borders. I picked up The Help by Kathryn Stockett and The Year of the Fog by Michelle Richmond.


Along with this super cute bookmark.

Love it.

I'm SO excited to start reading The Help. I've heard so many good things about it! Even the girl at the cash register was excited for me to start reading it.

After I left Borders I made a quick stop at Meijer for some store-bought pizza crust. When I got home I rolled out the dough and topped it with mozzarella, parmigiano-reggiano cheese, mushrooms, and spinach. I also made the chocolate chip cookies out of my cookie book per hubby's request.


As for today, I think I'll be eating lots of cookies and reading my new book.

I heart three-day weekends.

And guess what. I have another one this coming weekend. Perks of working at a school ;)


Were you one of the lucky ones to have a three-day weekend? How did you spend yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS