September 16, 2013

Crushed Oreo Vanilla Pudding Parfait

Sometimes you just want something simple. And tasty. Very tasty.


Something that isn't going to take 30 minutes to make and doesn't require you to turn on the oven. Something that's easy to whip up on a weeknight so your husband can say, "Wow, how'd you find the time to make that?" I made these Oreo parfaits one night while I was simultaneously cooking dinner, with Miss A on the floor, with no husband in sight. That doesn't happen very often around these parts. Making dinner is hard enough on it's own!  


I had some heavy cream in the fridge that was getting ready to expire. I also had a giant box of Oreo's that the hubby and I couldn't pass up on our last visit to Costco. And I had a box of vanilla pudding! Winning. Miss A was able to "help" me by smashing up the Oreo's. I put them in a ziploc bag and had her whack away at them with a wooden spoon. This kept her entertained for quite a while. I was able to make the pudding and whip up the heavy cream from start to finish and then layered them in these tall glasses.

Serves: 2
1 box of vanilla pudding
2 cups cold milk
6 Oreo's
3/4 cup of heavy cream

First, crush cookies in a ziploc bag. Grab a bowl and prepare the pudding according to package directions. In another bowl beat the heavy cream on low, gradually increase to medium, and lastly high. Beat until it begins to thicken, about five minutes, until your desired consistency.  To layer the parfaits, start with the pudding, cookie crumbs, and whipped cream. For the next layer, pour cookie crumbs, pudding, and then whipped cream. Garnish with a cookie if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS