March 20, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Hello friends! Happy 1st Day of Spring to you! I am so excited- I was able to go out today and not wear a coat or jacket. 50 degrees suddenly feels like 70. I have become a true Northerner.

I hope you had a chance to relax, possibly do something Spring related, outdoors or in the kitchen? I'd love to garden but I don't have much of a green thumb...every plant I buy dies on me. But I will try again! When the warmer temperatures stick around for good I will be potting some pretty flowers and try once again to keep them alive.

I spent a good chunk of my Saturday on the couch, flipping through magazines, reading Shiver (great book), and keeping the hubbs company while he studied powerpoint slides on Reproduction. Haha, he knows everything there is to know about lady parts! :) As of Friday, he is officially done with second year, yayy!! He will begin his third year in May. But before he can get there, he will have to take Step 1 of the boards. For the next six weeks he will be locked up in a room and review all the material he has learned in the past two years. I will be summoned for coffee and food.

On Sunday we made a trip to Costco and stocked up on essentials: chicken, pork, olive oil, wine, chips...Disney World for Adults. I also did some baking, cleaning, and more chillaxing.


As for our menu...I've realized that I'm severely lacking in sharing side dishes with you all. I guess I'm pretty good at determining our main course and but forget to consider what could go with it. Hopefully you will start to see more side dishes as I'm on a mission to jazz up plain brown rice and quinoa!

Ravioli with Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
Chicken with Mushroom Sauce and Perfect Mashed Potatoes
Glazed Salmon with Asparagus and Balsamic Tomatoes
BLT Pasta Salad
Pork Tenderloin with Bacon and Brown Sugar Glaze, Roasted Potatoes, and Asparagus

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS