The rules of the award:
1. Thank them, make a post, and put a link back to the person/s who gave us this award.
2. Share 7 things about ourselves.
3. Pass the award to 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and personally tell them about the award.
Seven things about me? Well I of course thought of some really ridiculous things, like my favorite pair of pajamas (pink striped bottoms with a purple tank top) and my favorite Disney movie (Beauty and the Beast). I thought about writing about my life's goals, hopes, and dreams...yada yada. Hopefully what I came up with will be of some interest to you. :)
1. We all know cooking and baking are huge hobbies of mine, but... I have many others! For one, I love to read. I like to read historical fiction, romance, young adult (not so much into mystery or science fiction)...I was obsessed with vampires waaay before Twilight. I stumbled upon The Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith (which you might have heard of, it's now a TV show on CW, but the books are so much better!!) when I was in the 6th grade. It is still my favorite series. Some other books that I have read recently that I adore are The Art of Racing in The Rain, Water for Elephants, The Weight of Silence, and The Help.
2. What do I do for a living? I am a teacher! An English teacher. I taught 5th grade back in Miami before we moved and absolutely loved it. Sadly, I am not currently teaching (no teaching jobs here), but I am working in a school with special education students. I love working with kids!
3. I love my best friend. We've been friends for 13 years. We met in the 6th grade when we were 11 years old. She is the best friend I could ever ask for. I miss her so much!
4. Tv and I are also great friends. The hubbs and I have a long queue of DVR'd shows. We watch The Vampire Diaries (duh), Supernatural, Fringe, Parenthood, Glee, Spartacus...just to name a few. I also watch lots of HGTV (House Hunters, My First Place, Property Virgins) and the Food Network. You'll even catch me watching reruns of The Gilmore Girls! I LOVED that show!
5. Sometimes I still dream about my wedding. Is that weird? I loved it so much that I wish I could relive it all over again, the day I married my other half. <3
6. I am the proud Mama of a Shih Tzu Chihuahua. She is our first baby.
7. I know this is random, but I'd like to write a book one day. I don't know what it's going to be about or when I'm going to do it. I don't think the story has found me yet.
That's all folks! Now the award must be passed on...
Yay!! Congrats ladies! I admire each and every one of you, you are all so talented! Enjoy!