October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

If you can recall a few of my previous posts, I really like to bookmark pumpkin recipes. I had the afternoon free yesterday and had the itch to bake. I've come into the habit of baking fresh goods every week (especially when the weather gets colder) and our Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies were out. I came across this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread and was sold.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups canned or cooked pumpkin
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
    In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Gradually add sugar, eggs and pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture and blend well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until loaf tests done. Cool on a wire rack. 


    I omitted the walnuts and used pecans. It was what I had on hand. I also did not have ground cloves or ground ginger so I doubled the other spices (as well as the amount of chocolate chips!). It was perfect. It's best served warm, so heat up it in the microwave for a snack when you come home from work! That's what I just did, anyway. :)

      1 comment:

      1. That is such a great idea! I think when I make this I'll just replace the walnuts with extra chocolate chips :)

        ReplyDelete

      Thanks for stopping by!

       
      BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS