October 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Last week's menu plan did not go so well. The Maple Pork Loin didn't come out anywhere near as good as usual. It's always hit or miss with me and pork tenderloin. I marinated it in the fridge this time thinking it would give it some extra flavor, but it turned out to be the exact opposite! It's better to follow the recipe as is and pour the glaze right over it before going into the oven. The hubbs still liked it, so that's good!

I was also missing tomatoes for the Taco Pasta Casserole. I went ahead and made it anyway, thinking it would be okay. But I was also out of sour cream. It just wasn't the same. :/ It needs that sour cream!! Have I mentioned how much I love sour cream...

I did make the salmon again and it came out was amazing. I will put up some pics and the recipe for it soon.

Here is this week's menu attempt:
I made the Mushroom Mac and Cheese again last night. I think I've made it four times since I first saw it browsing through Annie's Eats blog last month. I LOVE it. It.is.so.good! Tonight we will be having Skirt Steak with Quinoa and Artichokes. We bought a HUGE jar of artichokes from Costco two weeks ago. They.are.so.good and go perfectly with the quinoa. I may share this recipe with you as well.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS