February 3, 2014

Snow Day!

Last week we had our first official Snow Day in North Carolina. I waited impatiently for the snow to fall ALL DAY and it didn't arrive until late in the evening. I honestly did miss snow and I was excited to see it again and of course, excited for Miss A to see it! She was barely sitting up last winter, we weren't sleeping, and I was in no mood to go out and play in the snow with a five month old. This time around it was so much fun!


Luckily my husband didn't have to go to work at the crack of dawn and was home that morning to experience the snow through his daughter's eyes. We went out back first and as you can see by the look on her face she was very confused! 


Here I am, at 8:30 in the morning, with no makeup on, in a sweater and pants thrown over my pajamas. :)


She liked being out in the front yard better and started to explore. She walked down the driveway and into the street, like she always does when we're out front. 


She was amazed by her footprints in the snow and did NOT want to go back inside. There were many tears. I was sad to pull her away, but it was really cold! I thought we would go back out to play in the afternoon when it was a little "warmer" but she suddenly developed a slight fever (?) and I didn't think going back outside would be a good idea.

We had plenty to do indoors though! Since I knew the storm was coming I went to Target before it, searching for something new/crafty/exciting to do at home. I found the cutest Valentine cookie decorating kit, for $3.99 that I couldn't pass up.


It came with three colored icings, three different kinds of sprinkles, and four heart shaped sugar cookies. We were busy for quite a while!



I tried showing her how to decorate her cookie with icing, but of course, all she wanted to do was eat the icing.



Can you guess who decorated this one? ;)


Cookie decorating on a snow day isn't complete without some hot chocolate. I made it lukewarm for Miss A and I to share. It was her first time trying hot chocolate (or any kind of chocolate milk) and she loved it. 



Oh yes, it was straight to the bath after this. Her face, hands, and neck were SO sticky. Not to mention she picked up the mug and tried to drink it, spilling milk all down her shirt!


Messy messy!

All the snow is gone, it melted the very next day. See, now this is a winter I can handle. A little bit of fun, snow, and snow day activities, perfect! I couldn't ask for anything more...except..Spring!? What can I say, I'm a warm weather girl at heart.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun day! I need to pick up a decorating kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a pretty darn good snow day! I wish it would snow here, its so cold it might as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a doll! I love the pic of her peeking over the cookie! I am your newest follower via Kids and Cabernet!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS