October 23, 2013

What We Ate Wednesday




Breakfast 8:45 am

We ate breakfast later than usual. Miss A woke up at 7:00 am, decided she wasn't ready to be up for the day, and went back to sleep until 8:30! Mama was happy.

I ate: pumpkin oatmeal with walnuts. I've shared this on Instagram before and some of you asked me how I make it. It's nothing special- I use old fashioned oats and cook them as directed on the container and add a big scoopful of pumpkin, sprinkle nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt, and then add a tablespoon of brown sugar. I like to add a little bit more brown sugar on top and serve with chopped walnuts. 

Miss A: She also had the oatmeal, she LOVES it!


Yeah, she wants to feed herself nowadays!

Morning Snack: I had a cup of coffee and a cookie, Miss A slept right through snack time and woke up late for lunch! Talk about a long nap. 

Lunch: 12:45 pm 

I ate: An omelette with chopped red peppers, black beans, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese. Topped with sour cream and salsa.

Miss A: gnocchi with butternut squash, our leftovers from the night before


She also likes "wiping" her mouth with a napkin when she's done. 

Afternoon Snack: 4:30 pm

We ran errands after lunch and got home late for snack. She had some teddy grahams while we were out to hold her over.

I ate: an apple with peanut butter

Miss A: watermelon and crackers




Dinner: 7:00 pm

I ate: Spanish chicken with red potatoes, onions, and carrots. I usually make it with sausage or chorizo, like you see in this picture, but I didn't have any on hand.

Miss A: Spanish chicken with a few of the potatoes and carrots



After dinner I may have had a butterfinger or two...having Halloween candy in the house is too tempting!

Hope you're having a good Wednesday! Check back tomorrow where I'll be guest posting on Jess' blog about sleep training. If you or someone you know is struggling with getting a baby to sleep through the night, you'll want to read it!

4 comments:

  1. Your Spanish chicken looks incredible! Love one-pot meals during cold-weather seasons. Happy Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's delicious and so easy to throw together. Hope you're having a great Wednesday!

      Delete
  2. Pumpkin oatmeal is such a good idea! So need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's so good, especially on a crisp fall morning!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS