August 18, 2010

The Best Banana Bread Ever

When I was little, my Mom used to make banana bread all the time. It was a special treat to eat in the morning, alongside my bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. My Dad and I would sneak a piece after dinner. It never lasted long in our house, as we all loved it and inhaled it! Today, I use a different recipe than my Mom, one I found surfing the Net. It is by far the BEST banana bread recipe I've ever tried. And even though the recipe doesn't call for it, I always add a cup of chocolate chips!



Source: Banana Bread

- 2-3 mashed bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening or vegetable oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180C) and grease your loaf pan.

2. Take a large bowl and add sugar, shortening (or oil), and eggs. Mix for a while and then add mashed bananas and mix some more. OK, now add all the dry ingredients - flour, salt, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda and mix some more. You should get a nice and very thick batter.

3. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. When you stick a toothpick in your banana bread and it comes out clean, you are finished. Leave it to cool. After is has cooled, take the banana bread out of the loaf pan and have yourself a slice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS