September 6, 2012

White Chocolate Blueberry Cookies

The past two weeks have been hard. Hubby's schedule has been all over the place with a rotation in emergency medicine. I can't imagine how single parents, military wives, wives of pilots, surgeons, do this on their own, daily. At least my hubby comes home every day (even if it's not always at the same time...) and I can get a minute to myself- usually a quick shower or a run to the grocery store.

Babies are a lot of work! Really, I'm just waiting for the day that I get a 4 or 5 hour stretch of sleep at night. That's all I need baby. Sleep!

Somehow in the midst of it all, I managed to make these cookies. It was several weeks ago when hubby was off for three days in a row (yay!) and I said, that's it, I need to BAKE SOMETHING!


It had been too long.

These cookies are so moist. They're chewy and have the perfect balance of buttery sweetness. The blueberries are not overpowering and the white chocolate is a welcome combination. I think they're the perfect cookie to eat your way through the end of summer before blueberry prices sky rocket again.


It was really hard not to eat these cookies in one sitting. Thankfully, they do hold up well, I'd say almost a week later and they were still pretty darn delicious. Telling myself that I gotta lose the rest of this baby weight was the only thing that kept me from reaching for another!

5 comments:

  1. Those cookies are amazing! Newborns...oh, I remember that. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. White chocolate and blueberries- what a fantastic combination! Hang in there Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on your way to create a new normal. I'm married to an orthopod and you just do what needs to be done to survive.

    I passed along some awards to you...http://confessionsofcityeater.blogspot.com/2012/09/time-warp-thank-yous.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm....what a yummy cookie! I've never paired blueberries with white chocolate but these look spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS