November 16, 2011

Ham and Cheese Apple Panini

I hate cold sandwiches.


There are times when I don't have a choice and have to eat my sandwiches cold; i.e. at work. It's the worst thing ever! Unless it's a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I like my bread toasted and crunchy. My cheese has to be warm and melted. On the weekends I like to make elaborate sandwiches so that I can actually enjoy them pressed between my panini maker.

Bread and cheese. I've got a thing for you.


This is sandwich is very easy to make with staples I'm sure you have in your fridge. Ham, cheese, dijon mustard, and mayonnaise. I don't normally have red onions in the house but I had half of one leftover from pizza night. I think it really makes a difference in this sandwich.

Source: adapted from Kraft Foods


2 tsp. mayonnaise 
1 tsp. dijon mustard
2 sliceswhole wheat bread
1 thin red onion slice
4 slices ham
6 thin apple slices
1 slice cheese
Heat panini grill. Mix mayo and  mustard; spread onto bread slices. Fill with onion, apple, ham, and cheese. Grill 3 minutes or until golden brown.
What do you like to put in your sandwiches?

5 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I've been really craving yummy, warm sandwiches lately. I told my husband we're going to start having more of these kinds of sandwiches for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last place I worked had a toaster oven! I'd use that thing to cook up some warm sandwiches all the time. Here, alas, just a microwave and a toaster. This panini looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I love the addition of sweet apples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of a Monte Christo! This looks so good!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS