But! Before you go away, I have a cooking failure to share and 8 random things about me (I couldn't think of 10!). That's more fun than a new recipe, right? I know you're dying to learn more about me!
First, my story- last night, I wanted to make something new. My own spin on bruschetta chicken. I didn't have fresh tomatoes so I used a can. I didn't want to grill my chicken so I breaded it and popped it in the oven. I seasoned the canned tomatoes with basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Then I decided it was going to be served on top of a bed of lettuce.
Worst. dinner. ever.
Sigh. So sad. It was not a happy night in the This Woman Cooks! household. However, I did make something really good last night to make up for it (to the hubby and to myself). I hope to share that with you soon!
1. I'm super duper excited this year about Christmas. I don't know why. I'm not asking/getting anything special. I tried really hard to enjoy Halloween and I'm trying to look forward to Thanksgiving... but I really want to skip November all together!
This may or may not already be playing in my car...
2. The hubby and I were ninja turtles for Halloween. I wore my costume to school (over my jeans and long sleeved shirt!) and the kids loved it.
3. When I was in Miami recently, my best friend got married. She asked me to be her matron of honor. :)
4. I just finished reading the sweetest book, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Despite being an English major and teacher, I haven't read very many of the classics. Which would you recommend?
5. When the hubby is finally a
6. ...and this kitchen.
7. I'm obsessed with dresses lately.
8. Have you seen this show?
Normally, I don't like scary anything. I can't watch scary movies without covering my eyes for 98% of it. Yet I'm engrossed with this show.
What are you loving lately?