August 22, 2010

Maple Pork Loin

Last night the hubbs and I had the Maple Pork Loin, and it was great! I usually sprinkle my pork loin with a rub of salt, pepper, and mesquite seasoning. It has always turned out great, but I am so glad we tried the maple glaze last night.


I do have the tendency to either overcook or undercook my pork. Most of the time I have to stick it back in the oven. I was hoping to avoid that this time and instead ended up overcooking it justtttt a tad. I started off with the 350 degree temperature and increased it to 375 degrees after about half an hour. It was a little drier than I would have liked but the glaze did help to moisten it. I served it with a side of brown rice and corn on the cob. Mmmmmm. Try it, you won't be disappointed!


Source: Maple Pork Loin
  • 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
  • 1 cup real maple syrup
  • 4 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style
  • mustard
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • salt to tasteground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Stir together the maple syrup, mustard vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Place pork roast in a shallow roasting pan. Spread glaze evenly over pork roast.

3. Roast pork in the preheated oven uncovered, until internal temperature measured with a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 hour. Remove from oven, and let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS