April 21, 2014

What We've Been Eating Lately

I don't know about you, but I love seeing what other people are eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That's probably why I love Instagram so much, an endless stream of good eats and inspiration. I get stuck in food ruts all the time. We're currently in one right now with breakfast. Miss A is refusing to eat eggs, oatmeal (not like she ever did before), and yogurt. She'll only eat toast or waffles right now. And blueberries by the carton. Anyway, I thought I'd share some of our recent eats with you in case you're looking for something new to eat!

Breakfast- toast, peanut butter, and banana is still one of my go-to's. I also like to add a drizzle of honey or agave with granola.


Lunch- lettuce wraps! A few weeks ago I was on a huge lettuce wrap kick and was stuffing them with roasted turkey, dried cranberries, sliced carrots, and mozzarella cheese. On the side I'd have a chopped cucumber, tomato, and feta salad, lightly tossed in olive oil and lemon juice. 


Dinner- This is one of my favorite dinners we had recently. Sweet and sour chicken over fried brown rice, mixed with chopped carrots, frozen peas, corn, scrambled egg, and diced red pepper. I sauteed all the veggies first in some sesame seed oil, added cold day old rice, an egg, and scrambled it all up. Then I dosed it with soy sauce and topped the whole thing with diced green onions. It was delicious! 


Another favorite is Alaskan Baked Salmon with lemon risotto and sauteed zucchini. This is how I usually make salmon. It's super easy and fast to put together. The oven does all the work for you and I love the crunchy topping. 


Not the best picture, but these potato nachos were a lot of fun to make and a new thing for us to try. I sliced up idaho potatoes very thin, tossed them in some olive oil, salt and pepper and placed them on a wire rack on to of a baking sheet. Then I added cheddar cheese, black beans, tomatoes, and green onions. 


Hope you find something new to try!

10 comments:

  1. I want it ALL!! This is great inspiration, I'm currently trying to figure out what to make for the kiddos for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am drooling. seriously, i need all of this in my life. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love food pics too! Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! All of this looks so good! That lemon risotto sounds AMAZING! :) Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The lemon risotto is one of my favorite side dishes!

      Delete
  5. those wraps look yummy and healthy! and that chicken recipe sounds yummy too. I've been looking for some new recipes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the wraps are really good! Lettuce wraps are new to me and I loved them. Hope you found something you'd like to try!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS