August 7, 2013

Classic Fudge Brownies

Brownies are not usually my choice of dessert. I mean, duh, I love brownies and will eat them if I see one, but if I'm out somewhere, at a restaurant, sweet shop, whatever, I'd pick ice cream, cookies, or a slice of pie before I'd get the brownie sundae off a dessert menu. I guess because to me, every brownie sundae tastes the same and I like to try something different when I'm out to eat.


I love having brownies as a dessert option for parties, get-togethers, or a night at home. They're a crowd pleaser, easy to eat, and will satisfy almost anyone's sweet tooth. Not to mention there's no serving involved, just grab and go! I made these recently when our family was in town and they were a hit.

Is it just me, or is making brownies from scratch a lot of work? I don't make them very often, usually because I'm disappointed in the outcome and puzzled how a boxed mix can taste better than homemade. That is, until I found this recipe!


These brownies are absolutely perfect. I'd have to even go so far as to say they are probably the best I've ever had. For real! They're chewy, fudgy, and bursting with chocolate flavor. I couldn't resist adding chocolate chunks over the top of the batter before putting it in the oven. Your fingers will get all messy from ooey gooeyness, totally worth it!

Source: Food Network Magazine Jan. '12

Servings: 20 
3.38 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
1 cup granulated sugar 
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks, divided 
1/3 cup fat-free milk
6 tablespoons butter, melted 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided (omitted)
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°.

Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl. Combine 1/2 cup chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir in butter, vanilla, and eggs. Add milk mixture, 1/2 cup chocolate, and 1/4 cup nuts to flour mixture; stir to combine.

Pour the batter into a 9-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup nuts. Bake at 350° for 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 20 pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS