July 25, 2013

Life Lately: Milestones, Moving, and More!

The days move quickly. I spend all of my time with our daughter, who having just turned one, is so much fun to be around. We play together, laugh together, eat together, shop together. You name it, we're doing it together. Hubby has started residency and now that it's in full swing, we're seeing less and less of each other. Sure, the hours will change, as well the rotations, but when you're in the middle of a bad one, it's hard to remind yourself of that.


We ended up in North Carolina- Duke University. Our first choice! To say we are thrilled is an understatement. As many of you know, I was dying to move back south. While Michigan was good to us in many ways, the weather was not. I was done with bundling up for half the year.


We bought a house, we've settled in, and are slowly but surely making new friends. That's always the hardest part about moving. You lose your old friends and have to make new ones. And let me tell you, making new friends as an adult is hard! Or is it just me? Thankfully we have found some playmates for our daughter and I'm looking forward to seeing what our area has to offer.

I'm slowly getting back into blogging. I've missed it so much and now that I occasionally have time (say what) in the evenings, I'm going to get my butt back into gear. Old readers, I hope you're still out there and you haven't forgotten about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS