December 2, 2011

Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo

Do you like shrimp?


I do! I'm in love with the bang bang shrimp tacos at Bonefish Grill. If I knew how to make those tacos, we'd have that once a week! But I'm still very fishy (pun intended!) about fish. I stick to the same cooking method for salmon and for shrimp (the only two seafoods (is that a word)? I make at home). I still have lots to learn about fish and I definitely have room for improvement.


Despite my lack of fishy skills, I do know how to throw shrimp into pasta. This was really good, easy, and quick to put together on a weeknight. Dinner ready in 20 minutes? I'll take it. You might prefer using heavy cream instead of half and half, I bet it would add richness as the half and half just isn't the same. I also think more cheese is necessary, or adding a second cheese might do the trick. It was a Cooking Light recipe after all, so if you're trying to eat healthier after Thanksgiving and before the holiday baking begins, it's a good way to satisfy a pasta craving!

Source: Cooking Light
Serves: 3-4

1 pound fettuccine
1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1/3 cup half-and-half
3 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

How do you like to make shrimp?

2 comments:

  1. I've never made shrimp at home but it's my favorite seafood! I need to learn to make a few dishes. You've got me wanting to try the shrimp tacos at Bonefish Grill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrimp and rice, shrimp and pasta - great stuff! I've never made a shrimp alfredo but you make it look SO good! Great looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS