June 30, 2011

Mustard and Herb Marinated Chicken

While the parentals were here, we grilled.


Look at my sweet hubby. The only time he gets involved with food! I guess he feels that it's a part of his man duties. Unless we're making cookies. He likes to help with that.


As you can see on the plate, there's a potato wedge. Don't worry, I got a lot more once I saw how fast they were going.


This chicken is super moist, juicy, and tender. And very tasty. I wanted to get more pictures, but with the all the excitement I barely remembered to snap a picture of my plate. Until someone mentioned, "Hey, aren't you going to take a picture of that?"

That's right familia. I am!


And of you too. :)

The original recipe is used to make kebobs. I don't have skewers yet so I used whole chicken breasts. I poured all the ingredients into two resealable plastic bags and turned the bags around several times, making sure to coat all the chicken with the marinade. I placed the bags into a bowl and marinated them overnight in the fridge. 

Source: adapted from This Is So Good...

2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup basil, chopped fine
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds chicken breasts

In two large gallon size resealable bags, pour in the first nine ingredients (mustard through pepper).  Add the chicken breasts, and make sure to coat all of the pieces.  Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.

I've bombarded you with things to serve up at your next grill party. And speaking of... has anything caught your eye for the 4th? 

5 comments:

  1. What a nice post with great pictures. The chicken just looks to yummy. Thanks for sharing it. We have a wonderful chilled cantaloupe soup for summer today. Come on over and check out the post. Leave a comment and the Fairy Hobmother may pay you a visit and grant you a wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we are talking! This was made for ME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. honey mustard chicken never gets old, i made some a few weeks ago with honey mustard pretzel crumbs, recipe here/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina,
    What a great marinade, I intend to use this very soon. It is a great recipe! Thank you for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon. Have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up your recipe at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you come back tomorrow and share some more of your awesome recipes!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS