November 23, 2015

Monday Musings- Holiday Cards & Hubby's Birthday!

Okay, I need to step on my soapbox for a minute...

Everyone is buzzing about ordering their holiday cards. You know what- this is not something to stress over. Pick a card. A CHEAP card for goodness sake, there are so many other things to spend your money on during the holiday season. They look just as beautiful as those pricey cards..With that said, we are going with Snapfish, thanks to a deal on Groupon. We also took our own photo, while taking a walk on our neighborhood trail. No reason to hire a professional! My husband propped the camera up, set the self timer, and of course it took a few tries to get both kids to look at the camera, but we got one!

I'm pretty happy with it.


Moving on...

Yesterday was my hubby's birthday! He's thirty two. THIRTY TWO. When did we get to be in our thirties?? Ahem, I'm not there yet...but I will be next summer. Wah! I can't believe I've known this man since he was eighteen years old. In a way, we have grown up together. We graduated college together, moved, went to medical school in a brand new state, moved again for residency...popping out two kids along the way. It's so crazy when you think about it, all the changes we have gone through together.


He worked the night before so after sleeping all morning he woke up to pick up his birthday gift- Guitar Hero Live. We had lots of fun singing and dancing and pretending to know what we were doing with a guitar.. (mostly me). Miss A and I finished up his cake, complete with colorful sprinkles and neon candles. If you're looking for a great homemade cake recipe, this really is one of the best chocolate cakes I've ever had. And I say that as I sit here writing, sipping coffee, and stealing bites of what's left in front of me.



We headed to a very early dinner- parked outside our favorite sushi place right at five o'clock and scarfed down rolls and fried rice. I steamed up some butternut squash for J to snack on while we were there and he LOVED it. He sat in a high chair for the first time at a restaurant and did so well. Better than his sister ever did, that's for sure. Miss A tried her very first sushi rolls, devouring them, along with the shrimp that was nestled inside the fried rice. Girlfriend is going to be a foodie, I was so proud of her! When we got home, I rushed to put J to bed and then we sang "Happy Birthday" and ate some cake. Glorious cake. We finished off the night by watching a new Netflix series, Jessica Jones. If I didn't have to go to bed so early, we would've kept watching long into the night, it was really good! My husband said it was a great birthday- having kids really makes everything so much more fun and exciting. Until next year!





I hope you're having a great Monday! Holiday prep is in full swing here. I can't wait for Thanksgiving.  

2 comments:

  1. The Christmas card thing is out of control! People stress so hard about it. Honestly, with the exception of your mom, people are gonna glance at it for 4 seconds, think "that's nice" and that'll be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is just adorable dear and I am glad that you shared about your wonderful times here. Hope your hubby enjoyed his birthday to fullest. Well, I plan for corporate events NYC and need some new and unique tips for planning. Hope you will be able to help me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS