November 13, 2015

Friday Five

One. I'm ready to for the holiday season. So ready. Christmas shopping, making the kids wishlists, searching for Christmas outfits...which I purchased last month, on Zulily. I still need their outfits for Christmas Eve, but I snatched a jumper for J as soon as I saw it and a red plaid dress for A for Christmas Day. I literally squealed when both came in, they actually match, which I didn't realize or plan when I bought them. So naturally, I'm really excited for Christmas photos by the tree now!


Two. I haven't forgotten about Thanksgiving, which I am also really excited for. Our first Thanksgiving with two kids and we will be spending it in our own home, with both sets of grandparents. I could not ask for anything more! I'm going to be make the entire feast (with some help from the store) and will base it off of last year's menu since it was all SO stinking good. Including the best chocolate pie I've ever had...


Three. We have some big news. BIG. This will be our last fall, our last winter, our last time celebrating Thanksgiving in our home because...we are moving. We Are Moving!! My husband officially accepted a job in Florida. We will be moving to Tampa! The end of residency is neigh! I seriously can't believe it. Unfortunately there are still many months to go, but just knowing we are almost there, makes me so happy. We move in the summer, back to our home state, back to warm weather and sunny blue skies. I'm so excited! I absolutely love living in North Carolina and I know as the date gets closer we will have many bittersweet emotions about leaving. Yet, we will be closer to family, we will have access to so many fun things for the kids, and holidays, birthdays will be so much easier. I'm so grateful. 
Four. Every now and then, as a stay-at-home mom, I miss contributing to our home, in other ways than cooking and cleaning. I'm looking for something to keep me occupied, something that would not take time away from the kids, but would help me fulfill that missing aspect of life and bring in a little income. I'm sure many of you understand what I'm talking about. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, whether it be writing, or working on social media, tutoring..any ideas? 

Five. I can't get over how quickly my babies are growing. I know A isn't a baby anymore, but how and when do you stop calling your first a baby?? Even as a pet name, I still do. She is so tall suddenly, her pants are getting shorter (even though I just bought three new pairs a month ago!) and her hair is longer, her face is changing. I love and hate it at the same time. She is her own little person nowadays and her personality is shining through. I love that we can talk now, have a good conversation, laugh together, be happy in each other's company. She is the sweetest, most loving little girl. And J is just...gah, I'm smitten, crazy obsessed with him. I swear this morning it sounded like he said "Mama" and I almost died. Miss A said her first word at eight months too. With all his babbling lately I will eagerly be hopping he says it again!   

I mean, really, how did I get so lucky with this little boy?

Hiding out under her fort on a rainy day

On a warm day we went for a walk to look at the changing leaves

Turkey hat and turkey pjs. Holiday pjs are the best.

Happy Friday! This weekend is one for the books- a whole three days off together. Sweet, simple family time. I can't wait!

Linking up with Five on Friday and Oh Hey, Friday! 

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS