September 14, 2015

What's Your Hobby?

I feel like I'm forever struggling to find my "thing". My niche. My calling. It used to be blogging- but we all see how good I am at that. Heh. I tend to go through phases, with many of my hobbies. I like to read, journal, craft, shop, binge watch TV series, and now, I like to color. I'm sure you've heard about them by now. Adult coloring books are all the rage. I saw some in Barnes and Noble a few months ago and thought how fun that would be, a different way to relax and enjoy some quiet time. I mentioned it to my dad recently and one day a package arrived on my doorstep. Two coloring books and a collection of beautiful pens.


I'm obsessed. I have the Secret Garden coloring book and the Dream Catcher book. Both have such intricate pages that can take hours, or days, if you're like me and short on time. The pages just beg to be explored. So far I'm really into the Secret Garden one. The mystical scenes with castles, hidden doorways, and dragons are just my style.



My dad bought me a set of Lolliz Gel Pens. I love them! They glide perfectly across the page, don't bleed through, and the colors are gorgeous. My favorites are the metallic and glitter ones, of course. They are SO pretty.

I could color for hours, if I didn't have a toddler who tries to "help" me with her washable Crayola markers. It's nice to unwind at night once the kids are in bed, or for a break during the day if Miss A is watching a show. What are some of your hobbies? Have you tried adult coloring? I think you'd enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those look really pretty! I don't know if I have the patience or the steady hand for it but they look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My BFF sent me a coloring book and I love it! I literally color until my hand is sore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS