September 10, 2015

Let's Play Catch Up

September is here and I couldn't be happier. Yes, like you and everyone else, I'm excited for fall, but I'm more excited about interview season! The end is in sight. We've been combing through recruitment emails, contracts, benefits, and bonuses. Our hope is to end up somewhere in Florida- back in our home state, closer to family. I can not tell you how happy this makes me after being away from home for the last seven years. I'm dying to be back, to be closer to the beach, to soak in the sunshine all year around. Sure, I'm not looking forward to the humidity again, and I will miss the four seasons, and all of our wonderful, sweet, loving friends that we have made here in North Carolina. Moving is bittersweet, it really is.

Come October we'll be packing up the kids and heading down to interview. The hope is that our parents will be able to come up to where we are to help with the kids while we roam around the area and get a feel for the place. We're so concerned about uprooting our family. Where we are now is a perfect area to raise kids and we hope to find a similar lifestyle in the Tampa Bay, Orlando, or Jacksonville area. Any advice friends? If you live in any of these areas, I'd love to hear from you.

I can't wait for this process to start! Nine more months and my husband will be an attending. No longer a resident. No more long, horrible, awful hours. I.can't.wait. I've had less patience than usual with his schedule lately; I feel like he's always gone. One day off in between shifts is NOT enough. Not enough for our family. Not enough for him to catch a break. Or me. Not enough to take care of things that need to be taken care of. It is so, so exhausting. We are both at our breaking point and need, desperately need, to be with one another. The road to be a doctor is no joke. It's one of the hardest occupations, if not the hardest. I have no doubt about that.

In other news, J turned six months last week, and Miss A started preschool yesterday. Cue big, happy mommy tears. She went for a half day last Friday to get acquainted with her classmates and teachers, so yesterday, she was totally fine being dropped off, walked right in with a huge smile on her face. I was glad for those sunglasses I was wearing, as I quickly turned around and left before I could really think about what just happened.



She had a great first day and I can't wait to see what she learns throughout the school year! J had his six month appointment while big sis was at school. He weighed in at 14 pounds, 25 inches. Still a small baby- but he's catching up! He's growing steadily on his curve. His four shots made him sleep like a dream, only waking at 6am to nurse and went right back down to sleep. He's rolling ALL over the place, front to back, back to front, side to side...he's rocking, pulling himself forward with his arms, doing a mini army crawl. It.is.too.fast!! His mobility astounds me. He's so, so different than his big sister in that capability. He's getting better and better at sitting up, eats one solid meal a day (we're working on two) and still nurses like a champ.


I'm smitten. Absolutely obsessed. Having a baby again is so wonderful. I love every moment. He is so incredibly sweet and happy! Gah.

Miss A is growing and changing so fast these days it makes my head spin. She's learning the colors and numbers in Spanish, can recognize almost all the letters, can count from 1 to 20, and learned how to play Candy Land with Daddy recently. She was in a gymnastics class for a month and loved it so much, we may re-enroll her again soon.


I hope to be more active with blogging again soon, with so much going on it is a good place for me to share and remember.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in the Tampa area! I think New Tampa is perfect for raising kids, even though if you work downtown the commute can be tough. It's very suburban and idyllic but since you're fairly close to downtown the kids can still be exposed to some culture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS