May 4, 2015

Weekend Happenings

Today has been one of those days. A meltdown over a wrinkly skirt. I baked banana bread for too long, causing it to be dry. We were stuck at the doctor's office for over an hour. J has been a wreck all afternoon due to his shots. I have no idea when my husband is coming home. Well. At least it helps me appreciate the good days, because when they're good, they're SO good. Like this past Saturday.


Whenever my husband has a day off, it feels like a weekend. As many of you know, he may have a day off right in the middle of the week, so we may not get a real weekend- which is hard on the weekends he does work and everyone else I know is spending time with their families. He had Thursday and Saturday off, so we made the most of both days.


My father-in-law got him a ping pong table for his birthday and we are just now starting to play, seeing as the weather has been so perfect. It's set up in our garage so we open the door, play some music, and play. Miss A will sometimes count how many times we hit the ball back and forth, or she'll ride around in her trike or Minnie Mouse car. J sleeps in his car seat. :) I'm pretty terrible, but slowly getting better- I can actually hit the ball now and score a point!


We played lots of ping pong, kicked a ball around outside, and had a special breakfast. We also went to the flea market, which was a great way to spend an afternoon. Family days really are the best days.

I'll have to keep these memories close, as today kicks off the beginning of a horrible rotation. 14+ hour days, one day off a week...ugh, I'm not looking forward to the rest of this month. Thankfully this is the last awful rotation he will ever have, he'll only be in the emergency room after this, and that schedule is pretty good. In the meantime I'll have to find ways to survive the days I want to pull my hair out. 

2 comments:

  1. Aw, we all have those days mama! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are kicking off a month of horrible rotation! We just came off 2 months of the worst rotation and it was TERRIBLE. Really, really hard. So, I know just how you feel Mama. You can do it. It's never easy, but you'll get through - just like we always do when our husbands are gone for long periods of time. I am so glad to hear that this is the last bad rotation he will have - that is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel for sure. Your husband has just one year left, right? That is amazing! Mine has 4, so sometimes it just feels like it will never end. And at the same time, I don't want to rush it, because by the time this experience is over, my children will be so big!!! Scary!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS