April 23, 2015

What I've Learned in 7 Weeks...

It's okay if the bed never gets made. I could probably count on one hand how many times I've made the bed in the last seven weeks..4? 5?

A cleaning schedule is the only way anything is going to get clean around here. I have it written on my phone right now, maybe one day I'll get fancy, print it out, and tack it to the fridge. In the meantime I check my phone every day to see what needs to get done. It has really helped!


And sometimes the TV has to come on in order for said room/bathroom/laundry to be cleaned. If that doesn't happen, then I'll clean after one is put to bed and the other is content hanging out in the rock and play.


Cooking dinner alone with two kids is pretty much impossible. One will always need something. On Tuesday I made dinner at 2:00 when my husband was still home. Best decision ever.


A meal prepared by a friend is gold.

I will never get done everything that I want to in one day.

It gets easier! Yes. It's true. And what they say about your heart growing to love your second as much as your first...it happens.




Family is the best babysitter. 

Sleep is more important to me than anything else, so even though I'd love to stay up and watch TV, once the baby is down for the night, so am I. 

Nursing makes me hot. All the time. Sometimes I take two showers in one day, which, let's face it, doesn't happen every often. 


iPhones are a wonderful invention. So is dry shampoo.  


A clean kitchen feels like an accomplishment, as well as wearing make up, and wearing clothes other than pajamas.

It is really hard to make phone calls. I rarely have a hand free and someone always needs something!

Mom friends are a gift. The very best gift.

Life with two is crazier, busier, but also fuller. I can't imagine not having our little boy now that he's in our life. Dare I say I love it? :) Sure we're extra tired, sometimes crankier (all four of us), but we're also SO happy.  

Eventually I'll post a one month update- probably when he's already two months old, and our newborn photos! I did share a sneak peek on IG (stillluckyblog) a few weeks back, and I share photos almost daily of our days. IG is definitely easier to keep up with than the blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Amen to all of these, Mama! I am just learning what you have been dealing with for the past 7 weeks, so I am eating up everything that you have to share/offer advice on. Makeup and a (semi) clean house are definitely accomplishments. My bed is currently unmade, although I do plan to change that soon, while both kids are napping. And cooking dinner? Um yeah. That's become my absolute least favorite thing to even try to attempt. Especially when I never know what time the hubby will be home every night. There's no way I am going to put in the effort to make a full meal if there's a chance it's going to be just me eating it. Caleb is so picky, he won't eat what I make half the time, so our meals have been a bit interesting lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have kid #2 yet and we never make the beds in our house lol.

    Abigail told my mom yesterday, "we only make the beds if our friends are coming over" LOL SO BUSTED

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS