April 27, 2015

Postpartum & One Month Favorites

I love reading about what other moms recommend for baby, as well as what worked well for them postpartum. I've been meaning to write this post up for a while, it took me all morning to do so! I hope to do these posts monthly, or every other month at least. Here is a list of six items that I could not have done without.


Sneak peek photo from our newborn session!

1. Aden & Anasis Blankets- There's a reason these blankets are a favorite of many moms. They are soft, breathable, and so versatile. I also love the cute patterns, we have some with stars, giraffes, and elephants. I used them in the very early weeks to swaddle J, as a burp cloth if there were no clean ones nearby, and as a car seat cover once we started venturing out of the house. I love them so much, I think they may be my favorite baby product so far.

2. Lansinoh Nursing Pads- Ah, leakage. The joys of breastfeeding. I used these last time I was nursing Miss A. I remember using them for a long, long time. I've stopped using them if I'm home and not planning to go anywhere, but let's be real- you don't want to be out and about when letdown happens unpredictably and you're stressed about leaking. These are a lifesaver, or rather, an embarrassment saver. It's a good idea to stock up on several boxes, and these would be a great gift to bring when visiting a new mom! 

I also have these nursing pads and used them at home in the early weeks. Unfortunately, I don't love them as much as the disposable ones, due to the fact that I feel like they show easily through my bra if I'm wearing something that is more form fitting. I don't know if it's due to the type of nursing bras I'm wearing (which I talk about below) but you can see lines through my shirt which drives me crazy. So, I wear them at home, which helps save on the disposable!

3. Halo Sleepsack- I loved these with Miss A and kept all of hers to use with J. They are so helpful once baby is able to ninja his way out of a swaddle. Especially now that J is getting stronger and stronger, the velcro keeps his arms pinned. I also like that you can use these once swaddle days are over as a wearable blanket with arms out. I will be getting more soon, J is about to grow out of his newborn ones! 

4. Earth Mama's Nursing Balm- Oh man, another lifesaver for the beginning stages of nursing. I didn't know this product existed until hearing recommendations about it from other mom friends. We were fortunate that J learned to latch as soon as we got home from the hospital, but his suck was so strong, that I developed blisters the second week. Ouch, talk about painful. I used this balm religiously, after every feeding, and loved it. It smells amazing (like chocolate), you can use it as a lip balm (which I did in the middle of the night for dry lips), and it's so soothing. I still use it if we've had a marathon nursing day and need some relief. I'd recommend this for every nursing mom! 

5. Motherhood Maternity Seamless Nursing Bras- It seems like every mom I've spoken to who nursed their first child bought all their nursing bras from Target. Now, we all know how much I love Target, but they fail in the nursing bra department. I threw out all my old bras because they did not hold up, the cups were all misshapen, and the overall quality just isn't great. I wanted to find new bras that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg and since J came earlier than expected, I didn't have the time to go out and search myself. Thank goodness for my mother in law, who I felt no shame in asking to go out and find some for me when we came home from the hospital. She bought me a few to try on and one of them was from Motherhood Maternity. I immediately fell in love. They are SO comfortable, with no unwire, adjustable cups and straps. I can't say enough about them. Sure, they aren't really flattering- but let's be real here, that is the last thing on your mind. You want comfort and ease above all else when you're nursing! 

6. NoseFrida- If you've followed me on IG (stillluckyblog), then you may have seen me post about a chronic stuffy nose. J developed what we thought was a cold his second week of life, except the "cold" never seemed to go away. After a visit with the pediatrician, an ER trip, and yet another doctor visit,  it seems we are dealing with a baby with small nasal passages and an unfortunate amount of mucous. Poor kid. The NoseFrida works so much better than the bulb syringe you are sent home from the hospital with. It will be very useful for future colds!

Other favorites include homemade meals brought over by friends, chocolate, nursing friendly tops, yoga pants, zip-up pajamas for J, Pampers sensitive wipes, and daily showers. :) What did you love postpartum, or for baby? 

1 comment:

  1. Great list!!! We swear by the aidan & anais blankets, too! :) And oh the joys of breastfeeding - I don't know how I feel about welcoming those pads back! :0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS