February 25, 2015

When Your Toddler is Having Nightmares

I have so many posts that I want to write, but today my mind is foggy from lack of sleep. It's going to be a real awakening (ha) feeling like this again in a couple of weeks! I'm not sure what's going on- if it's due to the lack of the paci or what, but Miss A is having nightmares. :( Every night for the last four or five days, after about an hour of falling asleep, she will wake up screaming, crying, and very upset. She won't go back down unless one of us goes into the room and tucks her back in. Last night was the worst, she was visibly scared and shaking. ;( I'm not sure what is causing these dreams. She refuses to tell us and I wish she would instead of saying she doesn't know. It's so horrible seeing her so upset.

I have a feeling it does have to do with the pacifier, seeing as that was her source of comfort in the middle of the night, and now without it, it is much harder to settle. She has been sleeping with a bear since we took away the paci and that does seem to help. It is so soft and cuddly and she wraps her arms around it to fall asleep. I'm thinking she needs a new nightlight, the one we have isn't very bright and she has asked several times to turn on her lamp, but then can't fall asleep with it on. Any recommendations on a nightlight?? 

I hope your week is treating you better than mine. Yesterday we had another snow day, complete with crafts and cookie baking, and we are expected to get more snow tonight. 


It's starting to feel like I never left Michigan. Ha! I know that's not true, as my friends there have told me how much snow and ice they've had this year, and I've only dealt with it for a week and a half. ;) What can I say, I'm a Florida girl at heart and I can't wait until warmer temperatures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS