February 20, 2015

Five Friday Shares

1. I have a running to-do list hanging on the fridge that I add to every time I think of something I want to accomplish before baby. Which means I have things on there like "finish baby album" and "dust cobwebs." A mixture of nesting, random projects I've put off finishing, and of course, things that actually have to do with baby. If there's one good thing about being cooped up all week due to extreme cold and snow, it's that I've been able to tackle the list. Miss A's baby shower scrapbook is almost done (can you believe it's taken me almost THREE years to finish this?!), I dusted those cobwebs, cleaned behind every kitchen appliance, and ordered a few final things for the nursery.

2. This extreme cold and snow. I feel like I'm back in Michigan. Okay, not really, I know it's much worse up there for my friends who are dealing with temps in the negative with crazy wind chill. Today is the only morning we've seen negative temps...and that's a pretty big deal for this neck of the woods! It was fun watching the snow fall on Monday and Wednesday. Miss A loved it and we went outside multiple times to stand in it and try to catch flakes in our mouths. Ice settled over the snow overnight on Monday, making it impossible to play with the next day. I'm so not a fan of ice. I'll take the snow if I have to, but ice? No thanks. I'm ready for winter to end now, even though we only really experienced winter for a week. I would've died from cabin fever with a toddler if we still lived in Michigan! I don't know how northerner's do it!




3. If you follow me on Pinterest, you may have seen a crazy amount of sweets being pinned to my "baking" and "dessert" board.  I've had a thing for peanut butter most of this pregnancy, especially now that I can't have sweets. We have jars of peanut butter in the house, jars. Because when I ran out a few weeks ago, I stood in the kitchen crying, looking for more. My sweet hubby totally saved the day and went out to buy several jars so this doesn't happen again. :) Total pregnant moment. When I no longer have GD, I'll be baking these peanut butter smore's bars, peanut butter cup cookie bars, and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Nursing burns extra calories after all!


4. All that energy I had at the start of the third trimester is waning. I'm 35 weeks now and feeling it! I've been so tired, not a normal "I'm tired", more like why am I so sleepy at 5:00 in the afternoon? Seriously, I could have easily fallen asleep at 5:00 yesterday, my eyes were so heavy. Baby boy is taking all that's left of me, which is good, considering I was doing so well until this point!

5. Question for mama's of two or more- what tips or advice can you give me for preparing your first child for the arrival of a brother or sister? We'll be doing a big sister gift after baby is born and have read lots of books and talk about it all the time. Is there anything else I should do?

Linking up for Five on Friday, Oh Hey Friday, and Friday Favorites

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm s'mores bars are SO good! I make quite a bit of s'more flavor things bc their Keith's favorite. The picture you took of the houses and snow is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS