December 31, 2014

Rub a Dub- It's a Boy Baby Shower!

I know everyone is sharing their year in review today, being as it's New Years Eve, but I really, really wanted to get this post up before it becomes a distant memory. I couldn't wait any longer to share these pictures with you!

My mom started to talk about planning a shower weeks after I announced we were pregnant. She's a planner and any excuse to throw a party in our family is a pretty big deal. Knowing we would be back home in December, that was the most logical (and only time) to throw me a shower. My mother-in-law was just as excited and both of them couldn't wait to start planning. 


We choose to have the shower at a restaurant- no clean up, great food, and an easy set up was exactly what we wanted. I wanted Italian food, just like I had at Miss A's shower. There's just something about a big bowl of pasta that I love- pregnant or not! As for the theme, at first I was thinking about doing something with teddy bears. I had a few ideas but nothing was really calling my attention. Once we found out we were having a boy I went on Pinterest to browse and came across little rubber ducks in glass bowls. I loved it, knew it would be super easy for my mom and mother-in-law to put together seeing as I wouldn't be around to help. It all came together SO beautifully, I mean, look at that cake! It was so perfect, I didn't want to see it being cut!



I absolutely LOVED our cake table and decorations. My mom found the glass bowls, ducks, and beads at Michael's and the Dollar Store. My MIL ordered the cake, cake pops, and cookies. Everything was so delicious, especially the cake pops! Seriously some of the best I've ever had. 


I made the "it's a boy" banner and taped it to the table cloth. Games were tucked under the table in bright yellow bags. My sister-in-laws handled the games- a guessing game (how many objects were inside a bottle), measuring the belly game, and a game to guess what common baby objects were inside the bags. My mom found a large yellow duck for people to sign and placed it on the gift table.


Before guests arrived we went outside to take pictures. A LOT of pictures. I'm only sharing a handful here because it's so overwhelming to go through them all! I asked all immediate family to dress in shades of blue- the grandmother's, grandpa's, aunts, Miss A, and my hubby. I think we look pretty damn good! I love all the various shades we chose to wear.

Posing with my in-laws

My growing family!

The best sister-in-laws I could ever ask for

My mom & I

My parents

27 weeks!

My dress is from asos.

Happy, happy, happy


It was nearly impossible to get a good picture of her alone. This is the best we got!
Dress is from Zulily


A friend of my MIL made this amazing diaper cake. It came with a few duck stuffed animals, duck soap pump, duck wash cloths, duck inflatables, and a duck loaf! Guess what's happening in the upstairs bathroom soon..



The cake was entirely edible, which meant I had to try one of the ducks! It was basically a ball of sugary gum, but it was fun to take a bite. 



Gifts! Our family is so generous. We got SO many clothes, little man is going to be very stylish!


Our shower was so perfect, with outstanding service, great food, tasty treats, and loving family and friends. We could not have asked for a more special day and I will remember it forever. As we were opening presents, my husband and I would look at each other in disbelief. We're having a little boy! I don't think it hit us until we opened all those gifts, seeing lots of shades of blue. I can't believe it and I can't believe we're not that far away from meeting our son.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shower. I love all of the decorations and I agree parties at restaurants are so nice and way more relaxing for the planner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That is amazing that your mom started talking about planning for baby shower. She seems a great planner as the color of cake is so pretty and uniquely decorated. Well you all are looking so good in family photographs. Hey dear if you can help in selecting a nice venue from list of party places Miami then it would be good for me. Can you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS