November 17, 2014

Prepping for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away! I can't believe it. Honestly all I've got is Christmas on the brain because I know it's going to be SO much fun this year and I'm dying to get our tree and stick beautifully wrapped presents under it. Buttt we do have to give Thanksgiving the attention it deserves and that's what I was doing all weekend. Planning the menu, picking out what desserts to make, etc. 


Another thing I like doing for Thanksgiving is decorating our table. Unfortunately we don't have a large table. It's large enough for six people to sit comfortably, but the small space I have in the center doesn't leave me very much room for decorating. So I usually keep it simple. This year I'm thinking of making little autumn trees with Miss A and gluing on some leaves we have pressed in books at the moment. Hopefully it turns out the way I have it planned out in my head! 


Thanksgiving last year, I can't believe how much she has grown! Time slow down please.

I also like to think about what I'm going to wear that day. Something comfortable and with room for the belly to grow (not to mention the belly I have this year) is what I usually come up with. It's always cold so I wear a sweater type top and that'll probably be the case this year too. I've already got a gray dress for Miss A and I'm probably wear gray too so we can match. :)

As for our menu, I always want to keep it simple but then I find so many things I want to make that it's always the last thing from simple. I'm going to try out a new brine this year, my traditional sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, a brussel sprouts salad, stuffing, and dinner rolls. For dessert I'm still in between a pecan pie and a chocolate pie and I also think it'll be really cute to make turkey cookies with Miss A. So. I have my work cut out for me but hopeful with enough prep ahead of time I can enjoy the actual day!

1 comment:

  1. I've never hosted a Thanksgiving and I am totally okay with that because I think I would be overwhelmed by planning an entire meal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS