October 14, 2014

What We've Been Eating

It's been a long, long time since I've talked about food here on the blog. I'm happy to say I've been doing a lot of cooking lately now that food tastes good again! I love, love trying new recipes and seeing if they're a hit or miss. There are a few new things we've tried that we loved and will be added to our dinner rotation. Sadly, I've been a bad blogger in the sense that I haven't taken my own pictures, but rest assured these bloggers are much more talented than me in the photography department and make their recipes look much more appealing than if I shared my own photos!


Coconut Crunch Chicken Fingers- I made these last night! The dip is so good, I didn't have mango on hand but it was still delicious. Instead of frying them in vegetable oil I fried them in a skillet with olive oil, so tasty!


Skinny Baked Potato Soup- I love soups once the evenings start to cool off. What I love about this one is that half the soup is actually cauliflower, which you really can't tell. Great way to get a serving of veggies into a picky eater.


Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas- I've tried many enchilada recipes and this is one of my favorites. I love that there is cream cheese and sour cream in the mixture, I also like to add whatever veggies I have on hand like peppers or corn, and I always add black beans. I had cilantro to use up and added that to the mix to and it made such a difference, definitely doing that from now on.


Pot Roast- Another favorite when the nights turn cooler- pot roast! I didn't like pot roast for the longest time until I started making it in the crock pot. I used this recipe as a guide, following the directions for searing the meat and veggies and then I pour everything into the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours, depending on the size of your roast. The hubby really liked it and it was even better the next day in as a sandwich (Hawaiian roll with a white cheese, so good).

What have you tried recently that you loved? Or any favorite recipes to share?

4 comments:

  1. You have me drooling over here! I want to try the coconut chicken so bad, the pot roast looks delicious too as does that baked potato soup. YUM! Glad you're back to cooking, I love hearing what you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...I love pot roast and haven't made one in too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. LOVE all the recipes. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I should not have looked at all those amazing recipes before eating breakfast!! YUM!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS