October 6, 2014

Weekend Fun + Menu Plan

I'm not too happy to see you today, Monday. We had the hubby home for a whole three days and I was not ready to send him back to work today. I'm feeling blessed that we were able to spend so much time with him, so let's not dwell on the crazy work hours he has this week. On to the fun!

Well, not just yet..our weekend started off on the wrong foot, with Miss A coming down with a fever Thursday night and having a nasty GI bug the next day. She slept a lot, didn't eat anything but a few crackers, and cuddled next to us on the couch. It was so sad to see her that way! I escaped during her long nap to the mall to make some returns and picked up two new tops for her from Crazy 8. I just love that store, I could have easily bought so much more.  



The next day, Saturday, she woke up happy and alert, with no fever! We were so happy and relieved as we were hoping to take her to the pumpkin patch. It was our first one since moving to North Carolina and I wasn't sure what to expect, but had heard great things about the particular one we went to from my friends. Well, it was so. much. fun!

It could not have been a more perfect day. With a high of barely 70, clear blue skies, and a slight breeze, we were in heaven. There were so many activities for kids, several of which were clearly targeted towards toddlers. As soon as we arrived Miss A went to venture through the mini haze maze, then through an under the hay tunnel, and into the corn crib.







The corn crib was definitely our favorite. I've never seen anything like it before! We had a blast sinking into the kernels and found so much stuffed into our pockets (and Miss A's diaper) when we got home. We also went on a hayride and visited the goats and pigs. 



This farm had two pumpkin patches: an exotic one, and your regular jack o' lantern pumpkins. With admission into the farm each person is able to take one pumpkin home, so we picked out three pumpkins, all from the exotic patch. There were so many cool ones to choose from and in our usual fashion we stood there contemplating which ones were the best.


I'll have to get ourselves a regular pumpkin for carving. It's one of my favorite traditions that I do every year since I was a kid and I plan to keep the tradition living on. We had so much fun, I can't wait to go back next year when we have TWO kids! Ah!

On Sunday we made a trip to Buy Buy Baby to look at double strollers. Gah there are so many different kinds and I think we only narrowed it down to having the second seat in front, not a side by side stroller. But really that's all we got. Any recommendations?? I also fell in love with a white rocker and seriously wanted to come home with it. 

There were lots of other things accomplished this weekend, like cleaning, cooking, writing out our grocery list for the week, and even a menu plan. I'm so happy to be planning out meals again, it feels so good knowing what we'll be having every day. I have to tell you what I made on Saturday night- bacon brussel sprout mac and cheese. It was SO good, we were going back for seconds and were so happy to have some leftover for lunch the next day. I also made brownies that night for dessert and after Miss A was tucked in bed we warmed them up and made our own brownie a la mode. Have I mentioned how much I love having my husband home for more than one day?

In case you're curious or need some inspiration for your menu this week, here's what we'll be having!

Crock pot Pot Roast
Crock pot Salsa Chicken

 Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect day at the pumpkin patch! Your menu sounds super yummy this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! for family weekends but BOO! to Mondays. They aren't our favorite either. Hope A is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS